© 2019 CMC Microsystems. All Rights Reserved.
|Acknowledging CMC Microsystems|
If your research benefits from products and services provided by CMC Microsystems, please acknowledge this support in any publications about your work. For more information, please visit: http://www.cmc.ca/en/WhatWeOffer/AcknowledgeCMC.aspx.
|Licensing Requirements or Restrictions|
Usage terms and conditions apply to this software, which can be found under Licensing Requirements or Restrictions at:
Table of Contents
Note: This Quick Start Guide is provided to help subscribers with CAD modules in ANSYS' Teaching bundle. These instructions are for a Windows 10, 64-bit operating system.
Prerequisites for Installing ANSYS with CMC License Management System (LMS)
Before you begin with this installation, you must:
- Have the appropriate level of subscription; faculty can subscribe through the CMC subscription page at: Subscription | CMC Microsystems.
- Arrange for access to the ANSYS Mechanical/CFD tools for classroom instruction. For academic use, only faculty can use this service through CMC at: https://www.cmc.ca/WhatWeOffer/Products/CMC-00200-04847.aspx.
- Follow the instructions in How to Obtain a CAD Tool License to get a license.
The following link provides recommendations from the technical staff at ANSYS for making the best use of their software, including the operating system, graphics card, CPU, and other hardware.
For a list of the features in this bundle, see the ANSYS website.
Note: Not all modules are available for the supported operating systems (LINUX and Windows), as shown in Table 1.
Table 1: General Feature List for the ANSYS Campus Solutions Bundle (2019 Releases)
|3D Design Applications: AIM Pro ||SpaceClaim 3D Direct Modeler||Geometry and Mesh Preparation: Design Modeler|
Multiphysics/Structures: Additive, Autodyn,
Mechanical and MAPDL
|Multiphysics/Fluids: Fluent, CFD/CFX, Chemkin, FENSAP, Forte, Polyflow|
Windows 7 and 10,
Red Hat Enterprise LINUX 6.9 & 6.10, and 7.3 to 7.5, 64-bit;
CentOS LINUX 7.3 to 7.5,
* Feature is available in this operating system.
Setting up CADpass for use with ANSYS' CAD Suite
- If you do not have the CMC Microsystems CADpass client loaded onto your workstation, follow the instructions in the CADpass Quickstart Guide.
CADpass is the CMC Microsystems' license access client, and is used by subscribers across Canada to connect to the secure license server(s).
- Start CADpass, and then log in using your CMC Microsystems Username and Password, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: CADpass Login Window
- When the CAD access window is displayed, double-click the icon ANSYS, as shown in Figure 2.
You can also right-click this icon and select Start. A dialog is displayed, and a green check mark is displayed on the left of the icon.
Figure 2: ANSYS Teaching License Icon in CADpass
Obtaining the ANSYS Software
To obtain the latest ANSYS software from CMC Microsystems:
- Navigate to the ANSYS download site on the CMC Microsystems website at ANSYS Campus Solutions Downloads .
- Choose the appropriate version for your operating system.
There are three files to download for the complete Windows bundle. See Table 2
Table 2: Files Available for Download (2019 Release)
|File Name, Type||Download Size (approx.)||Archive/Image Contents|
The *.iso images contain the ANSYS Multiphysics Suite installation files for the Windows operating system.
Installing the ANSYS Software
You need to install the following software suite:
- ANSYS Multiphysics Suite
To install the ANSYS software:
- For the ANSYS Multiphysics Suite (Fluent, Mechanical APDL, Forte, Polyflow, CFD/CFX, ICEM), follow the steps outlined in our general Multiphysics' Quick-Start Guide, until you reach the sub-heading, "To Configure the ANSYS Multiphysics license". At that point, substitute this licensing information as shown in Figure 3. If you have the tunneling driver on your workstation, use 6602@lmserver-4. If you do not have the tunneling driver on your workstation, use 6602@localhost.
Figure 3: The Port and License Server Address for ANSYS' 2019x Multiphysics Suite
To test your ANSYS Multiphysics CAD installation:
- Ensure that you have CADpass running and have the appropriate icon checked, as shown in Figure 2.
- Select one or more modules from your main Windows menu: For example:
Start menu | All Programs | ANSYS 2019 Rx | Fluent 2019 Rx <or Forte or SpaceClaim or ... >
Figure 5 shows the FLUENT 2019x user interface.
Figure 5: Test your Multiphysics installation by Starting FLUENT.
Troubleshooting Your Installation
If you follow these instructions and cannot start one or both of the suites, open a support case with CMC Microsystems.
References and Resources to Get You Started
For more general information, or to ask ANSYS technical support questions, you are invited to log into the ANSYS Student Community pages: https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/
There are many commercially published books on the subject of ANSYS simulations and finite element analysis. The SpringerLink and ScienceDirect databases also contain numerous titles based on research work conducted using these CAD tools.